Wednesday 25 August 2010

Peace at last.....dress has arrived

Following up on my post, where I wondered if the wedding dress industry were having us on, I think I now have a reply to my pondering: they are having us on!

For those that didn't read the previous posts on my dress saga, I had a dress made that I ended up hating and ordered a dress off the internet one month to the day prior to my wedding. This got me thinking about what to expect, the kind of finish, the quality of the gown and how it could be possible to create a gown that would compare to the designer gowns that take months to arrive and cost thousands.

Last Wednesday I received a box that got my heart beating a little faster, it was sealed with the sellotape with my chosen designer's logo on it, I opened the box to find a satin fabric in the color of my chosen dress, this alarmed me a little as I hadn't ordered anything in satin, only to find it was in fact the gown bag containing a champagne colored padded hanger with champagne ribbon printed with the designers logo on it.

I opened the bag to find a simply divine dress, exactly as in the photograph if a little crumpled where it had been folded. I immediately tried it on to find that the fit was perfect, to remind you we are talking about a corseted, boned top, with a silk skirt. I had supplied my height in my shoes and couldn't believe how perfect the length of the gown was, literally perfect.

So as you understand I am delighted by my purchase, so excited about wearing my new dress and amazed by the quality of the gown!

All this is down to Maria Lucia Hohan, who I can only say for me is a life saver!!! She has literally made my wedding day!

Find her gowns online at http://www.mlh-shop.com/

SP

No comments:

Post a Comment