Monday 1 November 2010

Anemones: Simple Yet Striking

Anemones have always been one of my favorite flowers.  I cannot say why, I just adore them so I thought I would dedicate this next array of flowers to them.  They are indigenous to Greece (the Greek translation of the word anemone meaning 'daughter of the wind') and are found from November through til June depending on the variety.  

Due to my over enthusiasm finding inspiring images for you, I am separating this topic into 3 moodboards: Bouquets, centerpieces and cakes!

Bouquets
Images from (top left clockwise) studiostems.blogspot.com,
flowermagician.blogspot.com, flowerdesignstannes.blogspot.com.
stevegerrardphotography.com, getmarried.com,
wishspecialevents.combloomybella.wordpress.com

I find the anemone to be so romantic and even though it is quite a delicate flower can also stands its own when coupled with more structural flowers.  I hope you enjoyed the moodboards as much as I have making them.  The anemone truly is a great flower!

NY



No comments:

Post a Comment