Wednesday 5 January 2011

And we're back!!! Celebrating the Hop.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!  So Christmas was eventful and honestly quite manic but very enjoyable! Now back to grind of work and the fun of blogging.  I had an interesting car journey back from Switzerland. One which has left my car stranded in the French town of Chaumont (damn gear box) but it allowed me to have a great conversation with a friend of mine who is getting married in 3 months time.  She is a landscape designer and her knowledge of plants and flowers is incredible.  What interested me was her idea of using hops as part of her wedding flowers and center pieces at their forthcoming wedding. 




Now I have never really seen hops and as I am sure you all do, only really associate them with beer, so I googled them as soon as I managed to get repatriated back to the UK.  How beautiful is the lushness of the leaves?  Stunning and thanks to the Greek beer industry there will definitely be a supplier who you can purchase some off (yay! Mythos!).

Not only are they vivid in their green colour but also have a density that will provide amazing body to your arrangements.  This friend of mine is simply laying a garland down each table with fairy lights woven in between the leaves and finishing off with flowers of her choice dotted, sporadically throughout.






Above are two images from 'Kirsty and Phil's Perfect Christmas' that was shown on Channel 4 just as some inspiration and to show how great hops can look. Not only are they luscious but I also love their uniqueness.

NY

No comments:

Post a Comment