Monday 28 June 2010

Picking the Shoes.....

Today, we thought we would do our first an editorial pick on some fabulous pretty things for the bride!

Starting with shoes:

Sara's Picks:



The yellow shoes are cute, a little over the top and add a pop of colour that I love under a simple wedding dress. The shoes are from ASOS.com
Over to the fantastic Jimmy Choo shoe boots, ideal for a fashion forward bride with style, I adore them although I am uncertain if I would be able to wear these for any length of time at all. Available at netaporter.com
The orange shoes with the gold sole are perhaps a surprising choice for a bride, however I truly believe there should be no boundaries where accessories are concerned. I can see these shoes teamed with a mini ivory dress or perhaps a structured modern dress. Find these shoes at asos.com
These fun flats would be ideal for a bride having a wedding on the beach, really feminine yet really comfortable and I am partial to a leather sandal under a flowing godess like dress. Again available at asos.com

Natty's Picks


This is not really my area of expertise! Although I love shoes, actually having to trawl through websites looking at them is not really my bag! To my mother’s dismay, I am not really a girly girl. I am more hands on and love creating things, organizing and designing. But here are some shoes that I rather liked!

I think that wedding shoes don’t have to be that conventional! What I like about these shoes (and especially the flats as I wore these on my wedding day!) is they all have their own character! I have restrained for the very vibrant colours as am sure Sara is going to cover that and as she is the one trained in fashion, felt that she is the better qualified out of the two! I love the Alexander McQueen pair (Number 4). Now I know they have a heart peep toe but they are sooooo cute! I think it is a nice touch without being too cheesy!
The White with the colour (number 2) detail is just plain cool! Would look great peeking out under a dress! They can be found at Dune
I chose the gold slops from LK Bennett as I cannot wear heels. My feet live in Ugg boots in winter and slops in summer. Basically I am a wimp when it comes to heels. I last 2 minutes. My dress was Grecian style anyway so they worked perfectly and I was comfortable for the whole day. Result!

SP & NY








No comments:

Post a Comment