Wednesday 27 October 2010

A Wealth of Traditional Information

Whilst net surfing this morning I came across this wonderful blog dedicated to Greek traditions. I have just spent the best part of an hour reading through all the different and wonderful Greek wedding traditions and I must say it is definitely worth a read. There are some fascinating traditions out there (obviously differing depending on the island or area) but would be lovely to incorporate into your wedding celebrations.

Image from jupiterimages.com

My favorite one so far is the 'step on your foot' tradition and I quote: 

“During the marriage ceremony it’s a tradition that after the Gospel has been read the groom or the bride will step on each others foot. Whoever steps first will be the dominant one.” 

 Damn, if only I had known this before our wedding, I would have whipped Jubbs!

Check out the site for yourselves, there are so many wonderful traditions worth reading. http://greekweddingsandtraditions.com/tag/greek-wedding-traditions/ 

NY

No comments:

Post a Comment