Saturday 7 August 2010

5.5 Weeks Until D-Day

Natalia: So, D-day is just 5 and a half weeks away.  How are all the plans coming along?

Sara: They are coming on slowly.  There is still lots to do, I am compiling a list and hope to get most completed in the next 2 weeks

Natalia: What if anything is causing you the most stress?

Sara: The dress and the paperwork.  The dress is really late and still not completed, the paperwork I just need to do and haven't, so that is my own fault.   The original plan was to have it complete in May, it is now August and I reckon it will be done for the end of August.  It just means that if I hate it, I don't have an alternative.

Natalia: You were worried about it a couple of weeks back.  Are you still having doubts about it or do you still love the design?

Sara: I am very critical of it, I can't really see it very well, there is no full-length mirror at the dressmaker’s house, and so it's hard to tell. I definitely would not have it made by this lady again.  It has been far too stressful.

Natalia: Do you have to go to Athens to get your paperwork done or can you get it all done in Rhodes Including the Apostil?

Sara: No it's all done in Rhodes, I just have to decide to go and do it really.  I need to speak with the priest and then take a morning off and go to get everything done.  All our paperwork is issued directly into Greek, so we don't need Apostilles or translations or seals of any kind.  If you are a foreigner; paperwork cannot be Apostilled locally, unless it can be issued here, the only place in Greece are the embassies in Athens

Natalia: Is your priest quite relaxed or is he of the old school mentality about paperwork?

Sara: Very, very relaxed, which is great.  He is actually quite fun!!! However I still need to get the paperwork from my local parish and the main Archiodiocese before taking it over to him.  I have to request my birth certificate, go to my local parish and get a freedom to marry letter, buy the money stamps from the tax office and then take this all to the Archiodiocese who will issue the marriage license, then take this to the priest in Kastellorizo.


Images from weddingobsession.com

Natalia Yannaghas: So on the reception side how are things going?

Sara: Fine, I think food and drink is now all sorted and ordered (apart from the raspberries, but they too are almost sorted).  The entertainment is almost complete; we need to order the final speakers and CD player equipment for the DJ. Decor, I still have to make the pom poms, another hundred rice cones, the table plan needs doing and I have to buy some additional lanterns.

Natalia: The hotel had rented rooms out to guests who were not coming to your wedding.  How have you sorted that problem out?

Sara: We booked all the remaining rooms, and in reality I think they have rented 5 out to others (3 were already booked when we approached them.  So we have just dealt them out to guests as they have confirmed they are attending. However the issue of having to rent all the rooms was not made clear from the beginning

Natalia: Have you invited the guests from the 5 rooms to the wedding?  So you can party for longer?

Sara: We are looking at turning the music down around 02.00 AM, I am ok with this as the timeline is to start the dancing at 22.00

Natalia: Will you be seeing the party out until the end or will you make a retreat earlier?

Sara: No way.  I am staying to the bitter end.   I am deliberating how to deal with the fact that I am not having official photographs taken, nor changing and really want to attend the cocktail party, however everyone so enjoys the official "entrance" as man and wife, I am not sure if we should leave at some point although it does seem pointless

Natalia: I thought that you were having some official Photos?  And more importantly why can't you attend the cocktail party?   Just get announced into that instead of dinner. It would be a crazy decision not to attend. Cocktails rock!

Sara:  We could do that.  Arrive late at the cocktail party; it goes on for about an hour, so we could come for the second part! Especially with our friends performing on their guitars, I love their music

Natalia: Perfect and get some photos done in the first half even if it is only 10.

Sara: Yes, I suppose we can just walk back slowly and Annie can take some pictures



Images from Dannisblog.com & thehaystackneedleonline.com

Natalia: The big question is; are you excited?  What is your favourite feature of your wedding?

Sara: I am apprehensive at the moment, but really want to make an effort to get things finished so that I can be really excited and anticipate next month’s festivities! I think I love the theme colours and the disco ball chandelier, I also cannot wait to see the effect of the olive trees all lit up. I also love the digital Polaroid camera that we have decided to use instead of a guestbook; each guest will take a picture of themselves and then write their name or a wish for us. I am going to frame all of them for on my wall.

 SP & NY

No comments:

Post a Comment