Friday 13 August 2010

Dress dilemma's

Well where to start with this post?

Having spent almost 4 months on the dress, with around 1 appointment to try on per week, the end result left a lot to be desired. It did not feel particularly well made, I wasn't certain about the fit and my fear were confirmed when a friend with a lot of fashion sense said I couldn't wear the dress in her opinion.

So we unpicked the dress looked at creating a new skirt made of the mousseline only to realise that the lining was too short, needed taking in and the bodice needed fitting, hmmmm, sounds like creating a new dress to me.

So the panic set in, what to do, should we persevere ourselves and hope for the best or give up and buy a new dress and with just one month until the wedding day, what are our options?

Well I am an Internet savvy person and love looking at wedding blogs and sites and keeping up to date with what is going on in the industry so my first thought was to look on the net-a-porter wedding boutique where you can find designer off the peg gowns that you can buy online! Unfortunately nothing appealed enough for me to spend a mere 3000 EUROS and with time being of the essence I decided to look further afield for something I was more confident I would love. For those of you interested in one I considered for a brief moment:


 The Rachel Gilbert gown

So I was looking at a post over on a blog and happened across these fabulous pictures of a designer called Maria Lucia Hohan's atelier, simply divine:



I checked her website, www.mlh-shop.com,  only to find that they were available to buy online, hooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! 


The dress du jour is this:




And may I remind you of the post a few weeks back: http://littlewhiteagenda.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-favorite-wedding-dressever.html


So it is ordered and I expect it to arrive late next week or mid week after, please cross your fingers and toes that it fits and I love it as much as I think I will! 

No comments:

Post a Comment